- Use our website, microsites or mobile applications and provide us with your personal information, for example by signing up for our newsletters or messages or leaving a review;
- Register for our rewards program;
- Purchase products directly from our website;
- Interact with us through social media, adverts or content on third party websites;
- Interact with us in person by attending a Tina Beauty and Skin event; and/or otherwise engage with us, for example by contacting our friendly customer service team.
This Policy was last updated on 19th November 2022. If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided in the section below marked “How do I contact Tina Beauty and Skin?”.
- Who is Tina Beauty and Skin?
- What information does Tina Beauty and Skin collect about me and why?
- Information that you provide directly
For example, if you create an account, purchase any products, submit a product review, enter a competition and/or contact our customer service team you may provide your first name, last name, date of birth, gender, email address, mailing address and/or telephone number.
When you register for an account, we will also collect information associated with your account such as the date you joined and your order numbers.
o Transaction information
For example, when you place an order and/or contact our customer service department, you may provide your delivery and billing address, credit card type, credit card number and credit card expiration date. We will also collect details of your past orders.
o Images and photographs
For example, if you enter a competition on the website or via social media when you tag us you may provide a photograph or video of yourself, or if you engage with us via technologies such as AR, face evaluation or other tools.
o Your opinions or other information
For example, if you review the products you have purchased from us or provide information about products and/or cosmetic concerns, and the brands and products you use.
- Information that we collect automatically
- Internet or other electronic network activity information. For example, when you visit the website, engage with Tina Beauty and Skin content or with us digitally, we may collect certain information from your computer, tablet or mobile phone (“Device”) such as your IP address, Device type (i.e. make and model), unique device identification numbers, browser-type and time zone settings.
We may also collect information about how your Device has interacted with us including: the pages accessed and links clicked; how you navigate to and from the website (such as how you scroll over the site, which parts you click and how long you spend on each page); your preferences, the products and/or services that you have viewed or searched for; and crashes, download errors and response times.
For example, when you visit the website, engage with Tina Beauty and Skin content or with us digitally, we may collect your broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) from your Device.
For example, when you visit the website, we may use the personal information indicated above to provide you with tailored advertising, content and products that we think you may like. This is described in further detail in the section below marked “How does Tina Beauty and Skin use my personal information?”.
- Information that we obtain from third party sources
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources, but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us. The types of personal information we collect from third parties includes:
o Social Media Partners
o Retailers, distributors and third party brand partners
For example, where permitted by applicable data protection law and, if applicable, where you have specifically consented, our retailers, distributors and third party brand partners may pass information to us including your first name, last name, email address, postal address, phone number, gender, browsing patterns, geo-location and device identifiers, click through and other cookie data, demographic information including information about your appearance and information in relation to products purchased at their stores (whether on the high-street or online through their own website or a dedicated microsite) and services requested using their websites and/or applications.
o Technology partners and market research organisations
For example, where permitted by applicable data protection law and if applicable where you have specifically consented, our preferred technology partners may share information with us, including your browser patterns, geo-location and Device identifiers.
- How does Tina Beauty and Skin use my personal information?
- To provide you with the products and services that you have requested - To administer our relationship with you and to carry out our obligations arising from the relationship between you and us, including internal accounting and administration purposes, to process payment for purchases or other services and to create and manage your account.
- To verify your identity - For example we may use your email address to determine if you already have an account with us.
- For analytics purposes - For example, we may analyse your personal information including your location, products and/or services requested, age, time zone, IP address and URL visited, against our wider customer base for internal business purposes, such as generating statistics and developing marketing plans, to improve our services and products and the website. We may also aggregate and de-identify your information to create customer segments and share with our affiliates and partners.
- To provide you with marketing communications that you might be interested in - If you choose to receive marketing communications from us, we may use your personal information to keep you up to date with our latest products, services, shopping cart abandonment reminders, announcements, upcoming events, sweepstakes, contests and other promotions via our newsletters, emails, or other communications. If you no longer wish to receive these marketing communications, details of how to opt out are described in the section below marked “How do I stop receiving marketing communications?".
- For tailored advertising - We, or with third party vendors, may use your personal information to provide you with tailored advertising on third party sites, including Social Sites (defined below in section 8 “What if I access or use a social network or public forum through www.tinabeautyandskin.com?”. These advertisements are either: (i) “contextual" (meaning they are presented due to the webpage that you are viewing); or (ii) “behavioural advertising" or “interest-based advertising" (i.e. where advertisements are shown to you based upon your interests which we have inferred from your information including demographic, geographic and interest-based data). We may use tailored advertising to specifically include or exclude individuals who have registered for our products to ensure that you are provided with information about those products that are most relevant to you. To do this, we may track your browsing activity across different websites, different Devices and/or different applications. We may match your browsing activity on one Device, such as your mobile phone, with your browsing activity on another Device, such as your tablet, to ensure our advertising is tailored to you.
- To provide the best service to our customers - For example, we may use your personal information to process and respond to your questions and/or inquiries.
- For site optimisation and management - For example we may use your personal information provided to us to:
o ensure the security of our networks and of your information;
o customise your future visits to the website based on your interests to ensure the most user-friendly online navigation experience;
o improve the website and our other digital offerings (including to fix operational problems such as pages crashing and software bugs); and
o provide services to our partners such as tools, analyses, data and insights to see how their website or mobile applications are used.
- For product development and business development purposes - For example, we will use information we collect from you to improve our products and develop new products.
- For fraud prevention and detection purposes and to protect and defend the rights and property of Tina Beauty and Skin, our employees and business partners.
- For employment application purposes - For example, if you contact us in relation to your employment prospects, we will use your personal information to consider you for current and future employment opportunities and to contact you with respect to employment opportunities at Tina Beauty and Skin that you have expressed an interest in.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
- On what basis can Tina Beauty and Skin use my personal information in this way?
Generally, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally rely on the following reasons to collect and use your personal information:
- Performance of a contract
- Compliance with our legal obligations
- Pursuing our legitimate interests
If we rely on consent, this will be made clear to you at the time we request your information. You can withdraw your consent at any point by using the mechanism provided at the time, or by contacting us using the contact details provided in the section “How do I contact Tina Beauty and Skin?” of this Policy.
- Vital interests
In some instances, we may need to use your personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
You may not always be required to provide the personal information that we have requested. However, if you choose not to provide certain information, you may not be able to take advantage of some of our services. Any information that is so required is clearly marked as mandatory. If you would prefer that we not collect certain personal information from you, please do not provide us with any such information, or opt out of providing this information where applicable.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), these interests will normally be as set out in this Policy; however, if this changes we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have any questions or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided in the section below marked “How do I contact Tina Beauty and Skin?"
- Does Tina Lip Kits share my personal information with anyone?
With our affiliates – We may make your personal information available to Tina Beauty and Skin affiliated companies to allow us to provide our products and services to you, for the purposes described in this Policy, or as notified to you when we collect your personal information.
- With third parties for marketing purposes - Certain promotions and events may offer you the opportunity to consent to receive marketing communications from our business. If you have given your consent, your personal information may be used by such third party for the purposes stated at the point you enter the event and/or sign-up to receive the promotional updates.
- With our service providers - We engage third party service providers to perform functions on our behalf (for example, to support the delivery of our products, or the website). This includes but is not limited to sharing information with the following types of service providers:
advertising providers - including companies that provide: (i) advertising space for Tina Beauty and Skin; (ii) the provision of advertising related services, including agencies instructed to make advertising purchases on our behalf , providers of ad-exchanges (a digital marketplace to buy and sell advertising space) and providers of a demand-side platform (software used to purchase advertising in an automated fashion), such as Message Media from Google;
providers of marketing and customer relationship management databases and data management platforms – that enable Tina Beauty and Skin to manage your information in a safe and efficient manner;
o customer support specialists – that provide customer support services on our behalf for Tina Beauty and Skin products and services;
o fulfilment companies – this includes companies that manage your orders and ship your products, coordinate email campaigns, sweepstakes, contests or promotions on our behalf;
o application development and web-hosting companies – to enable us to manage and improve the website;
o information technology and related infrastructure providers;
o email delivery providers; and
o audit and professional service providers.
As part of a business transfer – Tina Beauty and Skin may disclose your personal information to an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in relation to any actual or proposed divestiture, merger, acquisition, joint venture, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganisation, or any other similar transaction or proceeding.
- To comply with laws – Tina Beauty and Skin may disclose your personal information to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person; and To any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
- What if I access a third party site through the website?
The website may contain links to or from third party sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third parties. This Policy applies only to the personal information we collect as described above. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of third party sites you access from links on the website or otherwise visit.
- What if I access or use a social network or public forum through www.tinabeautyandskin.com?
Our website may facilitate easy access to certain social networking sites and other websites or services with user-generated content features, such as YouTube and TikTok (“Social Sites"). You understand that we do not control such services and are not liable for the manner in which they operate. Please review the Social Sites’ privacy policies if you would like more information about how they collect, use and share your personal information, your privacy rights and how to change your privacy settings.
Our website may enable you to:
- Submit content to Social Sites: For reviews, discussion forums, message boards, photographs and other public features (“Public Forums"). We do not restrict the distribution of personal information that you voluntarily disclose in these Public Forums, so please be aware that any information you disclose there may be collected and used by us and others. For this reason, we encourage you to refrain from providing or sharing personal information about yourself in the Public Forums. We cannot prevent third parties from using such information in a way that may violate this Policy or applicable law;
- Accept certain cookies from the Site (for example “Pixels”). These types of cookies help us understand your activity including the Tina Beauty and Skin content you see, whether or not you have a Social Site account and if you are logged into that account. This information helps us to show you Tina Beauty and Skin content you might be interested in on the Social Sites and measure the effectiveness of the Tina Beauty and Skin content.
- How do I stop receiving marketing communications?
Please note, whilst we will honor your request to stop receiving marketing communications, we will continue to send you service-related communications such as emails confirming purchases through the website.
- How long does Tina Beauty and Skin keep my personal information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- I have entered a contest, promotion or survey – how do I find out more about that?
- How old do I have to be to use the Tina Beauty and Skin sites or other digital offerings?
We take your privacy very seriously and we understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children who use our products and services. We do not solicit or knowingly collect personal information from children aged 13 and under. If we are made aware that we have received such information, or any information in violation of our policy, we will use reasonable efforts to locate and remove that information from our records.
- Does this Policy ever change?
When we update our Policy, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. for example, we will notify you of any changes to this Policy by posting a new Policy and updating the “last modified" date at the top of this page or by sending the new Policy to you via email, where appropriate.
- How do I contact Tina Beauty and Skin?